CASE Scholarship Opportunities for Nebraska Teachers
Nebraska teachers can apply for three different scholarship/grant programs to help fund their attendance to a CASE Institute OR help purchase CASE equipment. Check them out below!
Option 1: Nebraska FFA Foundation CASE Scholarships
Due January 9, 2017
Through generous sponsors who believe in Agricultural Education’s mission and the impact that agricultural teachers make on the lives of students, Nebraska teachers can apply for scholarships to help defray the cost of attending a CASE Institute.
- Twenty 50% scholarships from the Nebraska Soybean Board that teachers may use to attend ANY CASE Institute.
- $20,000 in scholarships from DuPont Pioneer to be divided equally amongst up to 20 teachers that may used to attend ANY CASE Institute and/or for the purchase of CASE equipment.
- Must develop a supplemental soybean curriculum within requirement stated below.
- Must be registered for a CASE Institute for the summer of 2017.
- Must be able to pay for CASE Institute up front. Payment of scholarship will not be made until completion of requirements. Payment of scholarship will not be made until completion of requirements.Payment of equipment funds will not be made until documentation of purchase is provided to the Nebraska FFA Foundation.
- Must be a Nebraska agricultural education instructor in a Nebraska high school, OR a recent graduate of an agricultural education undergraduate program and working to gain employment as Nebraska agricultural education instructor.
- Develop a supplemental soybean into your CASE classroom.
- Sharing of soybean curriculum with farmers, agriculture industry and fellow agricultural education professionals
- January 9, 2016 – Deadline for application of scholarships to the Nebraska Department of Education office. Selection of scholarship are based on order of receiving scholarship application via e-mail to Krystl Knabe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Two weeks following the conclusion of the CASE Institute: supplemental curriculum materials submitted; copy of press release to local media; documentation of purchased CASE equipment, if applicable.
Click to download the application now!
CASE School District Agreement. (part of the application)
Option 2: PFI Teacher Training Scholarships
Due Friday, December 2, 2016
Partnerships for Innovation (PFI) is pleased to offer 50, $1,000 scholarships to assist career and technical ed teachers in participating in a professional development opportunity during the 2016-17 school year, including the summer of 2017 . Professional development in a CTE area (CASE, PLTW, etc.) will be given priority but other areas such as literacy, may be considered. If you have questions on what qualifies, please email Retha Dunn at email@example.com
Please note: Scholarships are limited to ONE
training per person per year and TWO
teachers per school. CTE teacher focused training will be given preference. Additional teachers per school may be allowed if there are extra scholarships available.
The application is open until 11:59 pm on Friday, December 2, 2016. Applicants will be notified of scholarship status no later than Wednesday, December 7, 2016.
To Apply Click Here
PFI or its staff are not responsible for coordinating participant travel, training registration, meals or lodging. School districts will be responsible for providing all up-front costs for participants. Consider accessing Perkins funds if they are available for the additional costs. PFI scholarship payments will be made directly to a school district after the workshop with confirmation of participant attendance. PFI will not reimburse individuals or training vendors.Participation Expectations:
The PFI scholarship application will require applicants to confirm they will follow through with the expectations as outlined here:
- By utilizing Partnerships for Innovation funds we will use the information to advance career education initiatives for the benefit of students in the state of Nebraska.
- Individuals will craft a 2 - 3 paragraph narrative on what was learned at the training and how it will apply to work related to career education. The individual will submit the paragraphs to be compiled and presented to the PFI Leadership Council.
- Finally, each individual will complete the online survey distributed by PFI after the Conference.
For more information about the scholarship application process, please contact Retha Dunn 785.341.8121 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Option 3: Dupont Pioneer Grant Application (Equipment Only)
Applications Due November 11
Nebraska Note: Dupont Pioneer is also sponsoring the Nebraska FFA Foundation scholarships. Due to this, Nebraska teachers may not rank as highly on the application. We recommend that only teachers who have already attended a CASE Institute apply for these funds for the purposes of equipment only grants.
Information from Dupont Pioneer
For the fourth year in a row, DuPont Pioneer is offering grants to public and private schools and universities to assist with the implementation of CASE in the 2016-2017 school year. Teachers can apply for grants up to $5,000 for implementing the CASE program in their schools, including teacher professional development at a CASE Institute and classroom supplies and equipment. Applications must include a brief description of the agriscience program and how this grant will impact agriscience education. A letter of support from the district superintendent is also required.
To apply for a DuPont Pioneer Grant, complete the application at this link.
The deadline to apply for the DuPont Pioneer Grant is November 11, 2016. To request more information or for additional questions, please contact email@example.com.